fbpx

Mesothelioma is Rare yet Lucrative? Asbestos is Cause…

Share Button

Mesothelioma patients are in high demand by plaintiffs’ attorneys. A single successful mesothelioma case against companies that made asbestos products can be worth an average of $1.5 million to $2 million

How can a rare cancer like mesothelioma be lucrative? Because unlike all other cancers, mesa’s cause is known. Asbestos causes mesothelioma.

The 12 most common cancers, breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, blood (leukemia, lymphoma), pancreatic, thyroid, kidney, bladder, endometrial and melanoma comprise over 85% of newly diagnosed cancer cases in the United States annually. The other 188 odd cancers make up less than 15% of newly diagnosed cancer cases.

Newly diagnosed mesothelioma cancer cases number less than 3,000 cases per year. So if meso is a rare cancer why do we hear so much about it? One simple reason- we know what causes it- asbestos. In the world of cancer, the cause is everything. The cure? Right now the best thing for a meso patient to do is find one of the doctors who specialize in treating mesothelioma.

If I’m honest with myself I will admit that if I could prove who caused my own cancer I would sue them in a heart beat. I’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years on tests, therapies, etc.

It’s important to consider adopting an integrative approach to managing cancer to include surgery, chemo, lifestyle, nutrition and exercise with your onc’s approval.

To learn more about mesothelioma therapies, both conventional and non-conventional, scroll down the page, post a question or comment and I will reply ASAP.

Thank you,

David Emerson

  • Cancer Survivor
  • Cancer Coach
  • Director PeopleBeatingCancer

Recommended Reading:

Possibly Boost Pleural Mesothelioma Survival Rates w/ 3 Surgical Approaches


Mesothelioma Doctors, Lawyers Join Hunt for Valuable Asbestos Cases

“Mesothelioma is a cancer of the lining on the lungs and chest cavity believed to be caused exclusively by asbestos fibers. Depending on their course of treatment, victims essentially suffocate to death, typically within months of diagnosis. There is no cure…

Only a handful of doctors in the U.S. specialize in treating mesothelioma patients and studying the disease. Nearly all have benefited from money from plaintiffs’ attorneys or plaintiffs’ attorney-backed organizations that goes toward their research or the institution where they practice, according to a Wall Street Journal review of nonprofit tax filings and interviews with dozens of doctors, attorneys and patients.

Some doctors argue that there is little choice. Research dollars for mesothelioma, which afflicts fewer than 3,000 people a year, are scarce. In 2011, the National Cancer Institute spent $6.06 million directly on mesothelioma, just 0.1% of its overall budget for cancer research that year, though it says treatments could emerge from other grants targeting cancer more generally…

Drug companies aren’t inclined to spend money on the disease because it affects so few people and because it likely will continue to decline along with the use of asbestos, medical experts say.

Meso patients are in high demand by plaintiffs’ attorneys. A single successful mesothelioma case against companies that made asbestos products can be worth an average of $1.5 million to $2 million, according to legal consultants. The plaintiffs’ lawyers get anywhere from 30% to 40% in fees...”

 

Leave a Comment: