Multiple Myeloma an incurable disease, but I have spent the last 25 years in remission using a blend of conventional oncology and evidence-based nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle therapies from peer-reviewed studies that your oncologist probably hasn't told you about.
Click the orange button to the right to learn more about what you can start doing today.
The phrase “you have cancer” strikes fear into the hearts of most everyone. The fact is, it doesn’t have to. Tens of thousands of cancer diagnoses annually may result in nothing more than “active surveillance” or minor surgery and you are cancer-free.
A cancer diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance or smoldering multiple myeloma (MGUS, SMM) will have a completely different prognosis or average outcome compared to a diagnosis of a stage 1, 2 or 3 in multiple myeloma. Your therapy considerations or choices will be very different depending on your specific diagnosis.
According to the American Cancer Society, the average five year survival rate for people diagnosed with MM at stage 3 is 44 months and the average five year survival rate for stage 1 is “has not been reached.” My guess is that newly diagnosed MMers will want to know their stage at diagnosis considering these wide survival rates…
As you can see from the multiple myeloma mind map (MMMM), multiple myeloma is a pretty complicated form of cancer.
The key? Do your homework to understand what diagnoses lead to which possible outcomes:
The best way to determine the best course of action if for the cancer patient/caregiver to research the diagnosis and talk to his/her oncologist as well as an oncologist who specializes in multiple myeloma.
Consulting with a MM specialist, plus living an anti-MM lifestyle through nutrition, supplementation, exercise, etc. is the best way you can improve your prognosis.
Have you been diagnosed with pre-myeloma (MGUS, SMM) or full blown multiple myeloma, stage I,II, or III? What is your prognosis? What is your therapy plan?
Scroll down the page, post a question or comment and I will reply to you ASAP.
“I have updated this post several times, and it has been very helpful to many in the myeloma patient community. I believe one key area which could have the greatest impact on patient survival is the improved dissemination of the myeloma specialist approved best treatments for each individual patient.
The 20% of myeloma patients who see a myeloma specialist or consult with one, are provided with the best current treatment knowledge, but this leaves the remaining 80% underserved. How then do we make this happen…”
With 30,000 new cases of multiple myeloma in the USA, we can estimate the total number of patients in just the USA at 165,000. If we can move the average life expectancy from 5.5 years to 11 years by having myeloma specialists guide your care, we could save 165,000 times 5.5, or 907,500 years of LIFE. Many times more if we include the entire world….”
“Although the cancer field is marching on toward personalized medicine, with drugs being targeted to specific tumors, many patients are unaware that this revolution is taking place, a new survey shows.
“Clearly, there remains a need for patients to be better informed about personalized medicine, which is a shared responsibility amongst the multidisciplinary healthcare team, patient support groups, and the media…”